Thursday, December 17, 2009

Surviving Christmas

I am convinced that I MIGHT make it through this busy holiday season. Don't get me wrong. I love the celebration...so why do I feel like someone let all the air out of my tires? Let me tell you about my morning.

I promised my friend that we would attend an early morning mass at a lovely Dominican church this morning. So, at 5:45 a.m. we rolled out the door to church. 5:45!!!! I am almost certain even God was not awake yet. It was a lovely service filled with candlelight and beautiful music and we were back at the coffee shop by 8. So, we all ate some breakfast together and then said our goodbyes just in time for my morning meetings.

Two of my artist friends came in to deliver inventory for tomorrow nights gift sale. So we chatted and had coffee, looked over the inventory, etc. By 10 a.m. I was hanging inventory in the shop and pricing items for sale. At 12 I headed upstairs to bake some Christmas cookies and prepare some things for the birthday party at the shop this evening.

Now at 1:30 in the afternoon I am exhausted and feel like the day should be coming to a close. Surely we have accomplished enough for one day and it is time to take some rest? No, the cookies must be frosted and there are lemon tarts left to prepare for the sale tomorrow evening!

The good news is that somewhere in all the chaos my dear sweet hubby came through the doors of the shop carrying the largest bouquet of white lilies! Be still my heart...

I just may survive Christmas after all! ;)

No comments: