Sunday, January 3, 2010

hope floats...

Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul
and sings the tune without the words
and never stops at all...
(Emily Dickinson)

When you are so busy singing at the top of your lungs you will not be able to hear when someone else does it wrong. SING! DON'T STOP...

I watched a movie once called "Hope Floats". Great mother/daughter movie. I liked how when the characters resolved the imperfections of their relationship. I liked how even with the imperfections of their family bond they were able to learn from one another. When something went wrong they were there for each other, even when they weren't sure they would be or could be.

I want my hope to float. I want it to rise above the mire of the world. I want my hope to change the world...even if it starts with me! I want it to be that song I sing so loudly that I cant see how badly everyone else around me is singing, because maybe my hope will change things for them.

Hope floats...

8 comments:

Farmgirl Paints said...

Love that quote...seriously good!

About your comment earlier, really good advice. I know we probably handled it all wrong, but so did she. I'm sure it will all work itself out in time. We just have to pray and trust the good Lord.

Always love hearing from you:)

beachy keen girl said...

I like it -- you've left me thinking about it :) I hope your hope floats today!

Beth said...

Great to hear from you!!
Thanks for the visit to my blog.
Have a nice day.
I'll come back soon to read more later....doing homework with a little one.

:)

Beth

WhiteWhispers2u said...

Hello~I just found your blog through another.I Love coffee and also owned my own Coffee house 8 years ago.They are fun amd lots of work.My best to you.

I read about how you have to shop for your food daily and haul it up 3 flights of stairs and then try to find a place for it~ I would give up and Eat out! L.O.L We think we have it rough.

I just started a new blog and I am looking for blog friends.I am having a Giveaway for 2 Gifts if you want to follow me come on over.Enjoy your day!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Hope is a wonderful thing. I so enjoy waking up to your comments every morning Rhonda and I will gladly mail to Poland should I have the chance! : )

Be well! ~Andrea~

Farmgirl Paints said...

Okay sorry to post again on this same one, but there wasn't a comment box for your latest blog entry.

I love your story of how you gave up everything and moved to Poland. I think you have an amazing family and God is using you in a big, unconventional way.

We don't have to be pastors to have a ministry...that you are using your coffee shops to share your love of Christ is a powerful thing. Thanks for sharing. You blessed my heart and all the way from POLAND...wow:)

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

Wow! You are one inspiring girl.

Stephanie O. said...

Love this post...combining Emily Dickinson with the movie Hope Floats...Two of my favorite things. So pleased that you took the time to leave me a comment on my blog that led me to visit you! May your hope float today...